Whenever we think about organizing we always think about the clutter that is in around us. Have you ever taken time to think that organizing your life not only means decluttering but it also means making up your mind that you are going to change your way of thinking/living? When you are INTENTIONAL it means being deliberate about what you want and how you want your life to be. As we are beginning this New Year, let’s take an inventory on how we are going to organize our lives. These are just a few tips to help you on your road to being INTENTIONAL.
1) Self-examine where you are now and where you want to go.
2) Make an inventory list to include the things that you want to keep in your life and the things you want to discard. (i.e.; this could be relationships, habits, finances, etc).
3) Once you have narrowed down your list, begin to prioritize the items that are most important to you right now. The things that you are discarding remove them from your physical life and from your mind.
4) Items that are at the top of your list (your Top 5) put them in a place where you will see them daily. (i.e., this could be a scripture, a reminder to organize your closet or room, motivational quotes or pictures of positive words, etc.)
5) Mediate on your Top 5 daily.
6) Share your Top 5 with your innermost circle.
7) Live your Top 5. Begin to see your organized life take shape.
8) Continue focusing on your Top 5 but once your Top 5 items have become a part of you begin to add one item at a time to further your quest to be organized.
9) Send yourself a message that I am going to be INTENTIONAL about what I want to do and who I want in my life.
10) BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT EVERYTHING YOU DO, EVERY MOVE YOU MAKE AND EVERY STEP YOU TAKE.
Be prepared and know that as you are being INTENTIONAL about organizing your life that there may be oppositions from close friends, family, and business associates. You need to understand the bigger picture because being INTENTIONAL will also steer you on your road to success and peace in your life.