BENEFITS OF USING A VA HOME LOAN
VA loans are a great way to utilize the VA’s benefits for eligible active duty military and veterans. When looking to purchase your dream home, consider the many benefits of a VA loan listed below:
• Eligible home buyers are not required to have a down payment in most cases – typically cited as the greatest VA loan benefit. Conventional loans generally require a 5 percent or higher down payment, and FHA loans require 3.5
• No monthly mortgage insurance premiums or private mortgage insurance (PMI) to pay. FHA loans come with both an upfront and an annual mortgage insurance charge. Conventional buyers typically need to pay for private mortgage insurance unless they’re
making a down payment of 20 percent or more.
• Limitation on buyer’s closing costs. Sellers can pay all of a buyer’s loan-related closing costs and up to 4 percent in concessions.
• Lower average interest rates than other loan types. VA loans continue to have the lowest average interest rates of all loan types.
• No prepayment penalties. VA buyers can pay off a loan early without any financial penalties.
• Two refinance options. The VA loan program allows homeowners with existing VA loans the option to lower their monthly payment with a new interest rate. Eligible homeowners who financed their property with a loan other
than a VA loan can refinance into the VA loan program.
• Second tier entitlement. Even though many veterans have already used their loan benefits, it may be possible for them to buy homes again with VA financing using remaining or restored loan entitlement.
• An assumable mortgage, typically subject to VA and/or lender approval. You may be able to have someone take over your mortgage payment, which can be a big benefit in an environment of rising interest rates.
• Foreclosure avoidance advocacy from the VA loan program. The VA has staff members who advocate on behalf of homeowners to find alternatives to foreclosure.
Contact us today to find out if you’re eligible for this powerful home buying benefit
VA LOAN ELIGIBILITY
To be eligible for a VA Loan, veterans, active duty service members, National Guard members and reservists must meet the basic service requirements set forth by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Spouses of military members who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-connected disability may also be eligible.
It’s ultimately up to the VA to determine eligibility for the home loan program, but prospective borrowers can get a good idea by looking at the VA’s basic eligibility guidelines.
You may be eligible for a VA Home Loan if you meet one or more of the following conditions:
• You have served 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime, OR
• You have served 181 days of active service during peacetime, OR
• You have more than 6 years of service in the National Guard or Reserves, OR
• You are the spouse of a service member who has died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related disability.
If you don’t meet these requirements are if you are not sure of your eligibility? Give us a call to speak with our VA Loan Specialist today 1 (888) 992-4723
How to Apply for a VA Loan Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
While you don’t need your VA Certificate of Eligibility in hand to start the loan process, this certificate is a very important part of your loan application. Your COE verifies that your length and character of service make you eligible to use the VA home loan benefit.
You can apply for a VA Loan Certificate of Eligibility four different ways:
• Apply through a VA approved lender
• Apply online through the VA’s portal: Click Here
• Apply by mail with VA Form 26-1880
• Or leave it to us and We can request our VA specialist to obtain your Certificate of Eligibility on your behalf.
Proud to Serve Our Military Families!
As a retired military family of 22 years, we understand the stressors and "tight timelines" that relocating can bring. That's why, whether you are buying or selling a home, we are here to go the "EXTRA" mile for you and your family! As Certified Military Relocation Specialists, we assist with your entire real estate transaction, from connecting you to one of our lenders that specialize in VA loans to guiding you through the process to close on your home. Military buyers have access to the most powerful lending programs on the market. Through the benefits of the VA Loan, more buyers have the ability to purchase a home:
We offer complimentary credit repair instruction. Unlike what happens with other lenders, a borrower who isn't quite credit ready is not turned away. Instead, we provide support to our veterans via a designated credit consultant that offers constructive improvement guidance until you achieve your goals of homeownership.
As you make your transition to Charleston, we are here to find the right home for you and your family. We will:
- Use our personal experience of 22 years to clearly understand your relocation needs to ensure you transition with ease.
- Provide access to our network of highly qualified lenders that specialize in working with the VA Loan
- Use our expertise of the VA Loan process to seamlessly navigate you through the ins and outs of the home buying process.
- Use our knowledge of the communities/schools systems to find the community that best fits you and your family's lifestyle.
We absolutely love Charleston, South Carolina which is why our family decided to make Charleston home. We think you will love Charleston as much as we do. The city and surrounding areas have a lot to enjoy. So let's connect and get stared with your action plan. Contact us Today at (888) 992-4723 or complete this form: click here. We look forward to saying "Welcome to Charleston"!